.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A working zone versus a distracting zone Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1000 words

A working z oneness versus a distracting zone - Essay ExampleI thought that I had done pretty well up till then, when I begand attending English 848 classes at the College of San Mateo. That was when I discovered, through the pie chart I had wasted up for my weekly activities in class, that I was actually spending a great deal of magazine procrastinating. This discovery led me to wonder as to what was causing me to procrastinate and what else I could do in consecrate to white plague my meter more effectively. It was around this same time that I began reading the book confuse by Maggie Jackson. In the book Ms. Jackson writes attention is a process of taking in, sorting and shaping, formulation, and regulates ones impulses, which carries us towards our highest goals (24). It was the perfect accompaniement to my parents own beliefs about planning daily schedules in order to use time more efficiently. So I began to look to my past in order to explain why I was procrastinating in th e present. I was led to the discovery that I spent too much time in my room, lying in bed either procrastinating or just being distracted. That was the main precedent that I was now far from being an ideal student. Therefore, I needed to overcome this shortcoming somehow. by chance by spending more time at school studying. However, looking cover on my planning methods, I found that I was mainly to blame when it came to falling short of performing my scheduled activities. repayable to the distractions caused by my always wanting to relax in bed, I failed to develop my mogul to concentrate on my planned tasks. Professor Christof Koch, an American neuroscientist known for his work on the neural bases of consciousness, defines attention as the ability to concentrate on a particular stimulus, event, or thought while excluding competing stimuli. Therefore, I needed to apprize to stop distracting myself by going to bed everytime I had a task on hand. Looking back on my childhood exper iences I k overbold that I did not always procrastinate in bed. In fact, I disliked my classmates and friends who spent more time in bed sleeping or restful when they could be doing more productive functions with their time. Tracing back to my high school years, I could almost pinpoint the bring moment when I became what I despised the most. When I was in my senior year of high school, my parents and I had already set our sights on my coming to America to attend university studies at the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA). Since we cute to ensure my acceptance to our university of choice, my parents developed a austere academic schedule for me. One that constantly remaining me physically and mentally exhausted every day. In an effort to help my body recover, I began to sustain my leisure and sleeping time. I now realize that giving in to the whims and caprices of my body was the wrong thing for me to have done. My approach was a typical way of shifting stress on a new event. According to Amisha Padnani, an author of New York Times, cites Dr. Teresa Lesiuk, an assistant professor in the music therapy program at the University of Miami, When youre stressed, you might make a decision more hastily you have a very specialize focus of attention. In this case, I chose relaxation time on my bed to shift my attention from the rigorous schedule that I had agreed to fulfill in the first place. But I began to enjoy relaxing to much and began to lose sight of my main goal, acceptance into UCLA. Needless to say, my lack of focus and other missteps resulted in my denial by UCLA. Having realized

No comments:

Post a Comment